2.25.2008

Just back from Tahoe

So we just returned from the 4th annual Tahoe trip. We think we finally found "the" cabin - it's a keeper - thanks Becky for coordinating the trip and finding a rockin place to rent. This year Becky, Kelly, Tab, Ham, Amy & my family and our chilluns (I think there were 12 kids ages 0-9 if I counted correctly) made it up. Jeff & I had to cut out a day early since Wyatt came down with a nasty bug - but it was really fun while it lasted. A few of the ladies (I will not mention names) got their drink on Friday night and it was very entertaining to watch the effect of rum & coke or vodka & orange soda on people who haven't gotten schnockered in awhile. Good times! I heard something about sledding in bathing suits - what went down after we left you people?! It was dumping snow! Can't wait until next year to do it again. If Tab or Becky have video of the sledding shenanigans (in bathing suits or otherwise) I will add it here if they say it's ok.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vodka and Orange soda?????

Klack-

Anonymous said...

Don't knock it 'till you try it... burp!

Anonymous said...

I shall try it, but at home. I don't want to get laughed out of a bar. "No pal, we dan't have orange soda." "We're a bar, not 31 Flavors." Would you like a Zima instead?" Everyone laughs......So I'll try it at home. Full report to follow.

Klack

Anonymous said...

Not much of a drinker, but there are different-flavored vodkas out there, vanilla being one of them. Put that in orange juice and you've got an adult version of an orange creamsicle, yummm....

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was not orange soda, it was diet rite tangerine flavor. Definitely don't think you'll find it in the bar!!!! It's not bad

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Now Robyn. Your version sounds quite a bit more enticing than the "diet rite tangerine flavored" trailer park concoction that Kelly mentioned. No offense Kelly. Now that I think about it the orange creamsicle sounds similar to a Martini I've had. Whatever these things taste like, it'll be fun making/drinking them......

Klack

Anonymous said...

LOL. I think the tangerine Diet Rite w/vodka sounds like it would win the worst cocktail combo over the Mountain Berry Kool-aid w/vodkas that my friend and I got smashed on one night when we were in high school. But that was all her mother had in the house....

Anonymous said...

Don't knock it until you try it. It's actually pretty good!!!!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

It sounds like M/D 20 20 flavors. Yummm. It reminds me of my brothers cocktail on Matt's bachelor party of Red Gatorade & vodka. That looked pretty on the beach......
Shawn